 Robotics / 6313
Re: Eclipse ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:07:00 GMT

At 02:43 12-08-1999 Thursday , Jacob Schultz wrote:
Laurentino Martins wrote:

Any ideas how to track the sun trajectory using some gears and one RCX?

Watching the eclipse I had this wild idea of creating a permanent • projection of the sun in a wall in my room. B-)
Using some gears, a lens or binoculars, a sun filter and a mirror this
might be possible.

I guess you could use a light sensor, and then turn the sensor slightly left
and right, to determine where the light
is sharpest. When its dark you should turn the sensor to the east and wait
for the sun to raise. This might work

Yes it might! Great idea.
Thanks! :-)

when the sun is in the sky, but not at night or during total eclipse.
Anyway, at night you will not see the sun
anyway, and the next total eclipse is so far in the future
<snip>

Yeah, in 2327 I'll be here to see the next total Eclipse in Portugal! :-)

Laurentino Martins

[ mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt ]
[ http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/ ]