 Robotics / 6177
Re: Power steering for 8448
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:44:55 GMT

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Matthew Miller wrote:

What about damage to the motor?

I think someone posted to the list that the micromotor has an internal
shutoff when it stalls, so that it can't burn out the coils.  This seems
consistent with what I see when playing with the motor.  If I turn it on
an then stall it with my finger, it won't start turning again when I
remove my finger.  I have to turn it off and back on, and then it starts
to turn again.

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/