 Robotics / 617
  gear differential

(...) I've built a fairly compact one using only standard gears and pieces. I'm waiting for my digital camera to put up some photos of it somewhere. Mail me if you want a sneak preview. (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gear differential

I saw this picture of a Limited Slip Differential yesterday: (URL) :-) (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gear differential

(...) they never seem to transmit enough power to move anything reliably. (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gear differential

I know what you mean. However, the model being described takes advantage of the slippage. If they didn't slip and stretch, the two wheels could not move at different speeds. Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) (URL) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gear differential

I have used rubber bands in some of my models. I have found that the Lego belts (I call them V-belts) have very different properties from your average rubber band (and the Lego rubber bands found in for e.g. Mud Masher). Some things I have seen: The (...) (26 years ago, 18-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gear differential

(...) Hey, I had a worse idea once. Actually I'm still proud of it - I built an all-LEGO automatic transmission. Only *how* it worked was by using pairs of the little crown bushings (seemingly defunct as of this year?) as clutches, a pair at each (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gear differential

In article <3653850B.99A94081@acm.org>, stephen p spackman <stephen@acm.org> writes (...) Indeed. Lego themselves double up sometimes by adding extra pair of pulleys - that helps a lot. Is there a part no for rubber band spares - on their own. The (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: gear differential - rubberbands

There are pictures of the rubber bands and belts here: (URL) :-) (...) (26 years ago, 19-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)