 Robotics / 5697
5696  |  5698
Subject:
Couple of questions about the Mindstorms software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:53:57 GMT

I know a lot of you scorn RCX code, but I find the enforced simplicity
sort of appealing. Besides, I'm negotiating with some publishers about a
kids' Mindstorms book. Anyhow, I have a couple of questions that neither
Mindstorms tech support (duh!) nor the anemic forums on
legomindstorms.com could answer:

1) How do you delete saved My Commands? It seems that once you save one
to the list in the My Commands paddle, you're stuck with it forever.

2) Is there any way to share the IR tower with the RCX Code app? I wrote
a little "stay on top" remote control that shows the battery power, lets
me start and stop programs, and fits in the dead space at the top-left
of my 1024x768 screen. But I can't download programs or run the Test
Panel with my remote control active. I wrote my app to
InitComm/CloseComm before and after every transaction - is there a way
(cmd line switch? ini file or registry hack?) to force the RCX Code
software to do the same?

--

http://www.midnightbeach.com    - Me, my work, my writing, and
http://www.midnightbeach.com/hs - my homeschool resource pages