 Robotics / 5630
5629  |  5631
Subject:
Is miniboard a solution for semi-beginner?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:25:44 GMT

Hi legoguys !

Being very interested by all those robtics stuffs, i'm looking for a
good devellopement system.
I intend to build or buy the miniboard, instead of using the lego RCX.
Mainly to get more inputs/outputs and flexibility. I have some questions
regarding those :
(i'm sory if someone asked them before. Also, tell me if i'm at the
wrong place to ask this. I'm a very beginner to internet)

-Where could i buy a miniboard (pcb,kit or finished one) considering i
live in europe

-Hom about the availability of electronics (L932 ?...) if i only buy the
pcb.

-Has anybody added some radio or IR function to the miniboard to
wireless-control it using HEXmonitor from a pc ? I intend to use
"mipod's" for rs232... any comment ?

-The rcx is using IR. Am i right ? if so, it can't leave the room where
the master computer is. With miniboard and radio mipod, we get lot more
freedom.

-The miniboard has only 2k for programs. I've heard that it could be
upgraded to 12k simply by changing the 68hc11 ? Is there really a plug
and pray replacement ? Do i have to change icc11 compilation ?

-Is there an alternative to the miniboard in the same price range, which
could be easier to build/program (basic stamp ? how about robotic with
it ?)

Thanks a lot !

Philippe Jadin

p.s. As i'll have more info about robotics and the miniboard, i'll build
a page for the quite-very-beginners. This 'll be located at
http://users.skynet.be/clairetnet/robot  Do not try this before let's
say, 15 august 1999...

p.s.2 Sorry for my poor english

p.s.3 Are u still reading ? Strange.