 Robotics / 5552
Re: multi-RCX dreaming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 21:19:33 GMT

My interests tend to lean towards emergent cooperation: can 6 RCXs do
something together as a team that one RCX cannot do?

Those are the kinds of things I was thinking about. A simple demo that I
have heard suggested elsewhere is to scatter a bunch of balls on a
surface. Each robot has basically five instructions:
1) find a ball.
2) pick it up.
3) find another ball.
4) put down the original ball next to the new found ball.
5) repeat (starting in such a way that the ball found in 1' is not the ball
found in 3.)

Eventually, this will collect all the balls in one location.

this i disagree with, unless the balls can be marked somehow, another bot
has the possibility to pick up the one that was placed in the proper place,
now, if you were to mark a corral and have the balls placed in that it would
stop that problem.  other wise the collection of balls would never (without
luck) grow to its fullest capacity.

just my $.02

m.