 Robotics / 5553
5552  |  5554
Subject:
Does Pneumatic Suck?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 04:19:34 GMT

Hi Technic heads,

Is it possible to build a pneumatic _SUCTION_ system using only LEGO parts?

I've seen many pneumatic PUMP systems.
But my goal is to have a MindStorms controlled suction system that can lift
a LEGO brick (on the flat side of course).
But before I get that far...
I cannot seem to get my pump to "suck", it only "pumps" -- hence the name, I
guess ;-)

Currently, I only have a Pneumatic Pump 2" cylinder (#5107) and Pneumatic
Piston 2" cylinder (#5108).
I'm willing to purchase more pneumatic parts if it would help me achieve my
goal.

Should I get #5116 Pneumatic Cylinder 1 1/4" and #5117 Compressor pump?
Or should I get a set that has pneumatics? Which one(s)?
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Hari Wiguna