 Robotics / 5380
RE: multi-RCX dreaming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 19:56:44 GMT

get them to play iterative prisoners' dilemma.
How is up to you. it could be a pure programming task - with IR the only
communication, or it could be more physical...
-g

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Villa [SMTP:liv@duke.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 1999 3:32 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: multi-RCX dreaming

It looks like (starting next week) I'll be in charge of 1/2 dozen
RCX
units. I have three questions: (the third is most likely to be most
interesting for most people)

1) Has anyone actually gotten two RCXs to communicate reliably via
IR?
(LNP folk (if there actually are any) are solicited here!)

2) What about other forms of communications? I know several people
have
used two RCXs to construct bots of various forms- have they
communicated
in any way? Or have they operated independently?

3) The big one: What would you do with six RCXs? Throw out your
really
wild and crazy ideas here- I don't have any really cool ones of my
own
yet.  If you actually have an idea that you would like to see tried,
I can
probably code it and digitally video and photograph it for the world
see.

Why you ask? These are intended for a class project, but I have the
rest
of the summer to *play* with them (my professor doesn't mind too
much) and
I think it would be interesting to have them interact or cooperate,
even
if they don't actually communicate. So I'm trolling for cool stuff I
can
watch them do. I figure someone out there must have a secret itch
for
something that 6 robots can do... soccer, anyone?

Waiting for the ideas to come rolling in :)
-Luis

     Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand.
                  -Anonymous

Did you check the web site first?:
http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics