 Robotics / 5285
  Re: Removing red led from light sensor..

It is actually easier to just place a beam in front of the sensor. The layout of the hole on the beam will block out the LED adn allow you to just use the sensor. DAN In a message dated 6/10/99 6:42:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mario.ferrari@edis.it (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Removing red led from light sensor..

Actually, I heard about this (the beam in front of the red LED) a few months ago and my first reaction was, "Well, given that the problem (as I understand it) is that the red LED bleeds light internally over to the sensing LED side and that causes (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

lego-robotics@crynwr.com wrote in message <5dfe79ce.2490fda6@aol.com>... (...) layout (...) the (...) This is a great idea which works pretty well. I particularly like it because it uses 100% genuine, unmodified Lego(TM) parts, FWIW. The caveat is (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Jeff Blaine <jblaine@shell2.shore.net> wrote in message news:slrn7lvneh.n11....ore.net... (...) A simulation of the LEGO Light sensor circuit I did in PSpice showed that the sensor wouldn't read down to zero just because the way the LED interacts (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)