 Robotics / 5273
Re: Motor Sensor (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:13:24 GMT

In article <199906091214.HAA00300@einstein.ssz.com>, Jim Choate
<ravage@ssz.com> writes

----- Forwarded message from Kekoa Proudfoot -----

Subject: Re: Motor Sensor (fwd)
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 01:56:23 GMT

It's actualy not velocity, it's angular accelleration.

It's actually not angular acceleration, it's angular velocity.

----- End of forwarded message from Kekoa Proudfoot -----

Can't be dude. Re-read your basic mechanics. For *any* object to go in a
circle it's 'accelleration', otherwise there is no way to take into account
the change in vector of the velocity vector which is always chaning
(precessing in a circle). Last time I checked anytime a velocity vector
changed that was an accelleration (dv/dt).

Sorry, but it is _linear_ acceleration which makes things go in circles.
They then go in circles with constant angular velocity.  Angular
acceleration is when dtheta/dt is changing.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some of the people we have to deal
with.
--
Regards - Peter Hesketh, Mynyddbach, Mon.
"Un petit d'un petit