 Robotics / 5272
RE: Constructopedia and Lego Patterns
Newsgroups:
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:07:35 GMT

(http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki?WikiWikiClones
<http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki?WikiWikiClones>  )

-g

-----Original Message-----
From: lehman@javanet.com [SMTP:lehman@javanet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 2:04 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Constructopedia and Lego Patterns

In lugnet.robotics, Graham Stalker-Wilde
<graham.stalker-wilde@csfb.com>
writes:
> [...]
> Is there currently a mechanism whereby people can submit Lego
design
> patterns (and browse those submitted)? I don't mean completed
designs,
> though these are useful too, but design components, a vocabulary
of Lego
> design we can each use in our constructions.

Yes, there is:  The lugnet.cad.dat.ideas group collects LEGO design
components in LDraw format.  The group is archived and browseable
here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dat.ideas

Later in the year, all of the postings will be organized by topic
and
interlinked with DBs, searchable & browseable by element and other
factors.

<snip>