 Robotics / 5015
    You know, all this computer science talk doesn't really belong here. —Mark Tarrabain
   Try lugnet.off-topic.geek. :) (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: You know, all this computer science talk doesn't really belong here. —Aa-Tchoo!
   But is it OK to post newby queries specifically requesting explanations for computer science terms mentioned in posts on topics which are clearly related to Lego's RIS? (with the expectation that I might get a simple definition or short explanation (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: You know, all this computer science talk doesn't really belong here. —Nick Taylor
     Coilín: So far as I am concerned, your "newby queries" are most welcome here. I hope that we don't lose sight of the fact that the RXC brick _is_ a computer, and that it needs to be programmed. You might find that the following two news groups are a (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: You know, all this computer science talk doesn't really belong here. —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) Of course it's okay. Actually, it was because of a concern I had for newbies that I suggested the computer science talk be moved to a more relevant group, or at least off of this one. Most of the computer threads here have digressed from Lego (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: You know, all this computer science talk doesn't really belong here. —JR Conlin
   (...) another group to disuade people (...) iteration versus recursion (...) which is actually supposed (...) At the risk of taking another thread down, I would caution you about taking this attitude. I am one of the first to admit that the (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: You know, all this computer science talk doesn't really belong here. —Jeff Jackowski
   (...) Yeah, thats a problem with recursion. If you're not careful, the stack . . BOOOOM!!!...!!! 1202 alarm What was I talking about? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist) Jeff Jackowski (URL) you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)