 Robotics / 4717
Re: Og Needs More Inputs (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:24:37 GMT

Michael Gasperi <gasperi@alynk.com> wrote:
Let's assume it is the LEGO rotation sensor.  Which is not an 8-bit
sensor.  It is an incremental encoder that sends values back as 4 analog
values.  If a touch sensor is put in parallel with a rotation sensor the
analog values would get messed up and the RCX will not see movement or
maybe even false movement.

To add to this, the effect of placing a touch sensor in parallel with a
rotation sensor is as follows:

  When touch sensor is not pressed, rotation sensor works fine
  When touch sensor is pressed repeatedly, rotation sensor drifts
  When touch sensor is held down, rotation sensor does not measure rotation

I tried this before I posted (in another message) my thoughts on this
topic.

-Kekoa