 Robotics / 4646
  remote-control-watch

i have got a remote control watch which is similar to CASIO-CMD 40B (mine is asia version), it has the ability to "learn" from any TV/VCR remote control. i wonder if i can use my watch to control the RCX anyhow? at least i think using my watch is (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: remote-control-watch

There has been a lot of discussion about IR remote control on this list. (You should search the archives) The best that I can remember, the standard TV remote controls operate using a different communications protocol than the RCX IR port. People (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: remote-control-watch

Actually, I believe someone has already done this, or at least something similar- (URL) not sure how useful this will be to you, but the "ruputer" link on that page indicates that it has been used to control the RCX via TV remote frequencies. Take a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  An Expanded Radarbot

Until I assemble the IRPD Kit (see: (URL) wanted to attempt a IR Radar system using standard Lego parts that would let the RCX know if there was an obstruction to the left, right or straight ahead. I had to use three light sensors to get all the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  SoCal LegoLand

Well, it's off to Legoland in Carlsbad, Ca (about an hour drive for us) on saturday. I have a brother-in-law that built a lot of the landscaping features. He said they have a big Mindstorms area and store. I will post info and pictures on the web (...) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SoCal LegoLand

(...) Geez, I made a trip to Billund, Demark, _just_ for the purpose of visiting Legoland, and I don't have any kids. Okay, my wife and I were in Amsterdam at the time ... --Ken -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 22-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SoCal LegoLand

Hey, I'm 51 and I want to go. John A. Donaldson (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SoCal LegoLand

(...) Maybe this just shows I'm too young to deal with kids, but having younger siblings of ages 7 and 8, I think having four kids between 8 and 11 makes you slightly off your rocker. Taking them to LegoLand sort of balances it out, though :-) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SoCal LegoLand

Just got back from Lego Land. It is totally cool. Be aware that it really is focused on kids 3 to 12 years old. My 3 year old and my 5 year old had a blast. It's much less crowded than Disney and the other parks. On top of that it is newer and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SoCal LegoLand

In article <199904222202.SAA232...navy.mil>, Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> writes (...) and in article <371FBB6F.236FDCF8@ghg.net>, John A. Donaldson <jdonaldson@ghg.net> writes (...) I'm 56 and drove _past_ Billund last September without (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)