 Robotics / 451
Re: RCX Programming Questions and Sensor Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:09:41 GMT

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Todd Lehman wrote:

Paul Haas writes:

Paul, Are you sure you want to sleep before decrementing r31?

I think "oops" applies in this case.  Your fix looks correct.

p.s.  I also wonder -- in avoiding harmonic task oscillation, is sleeping
Might it be sufficient instead simply to busy-count to some random value?

It doesn't have to be random, just each task needs a different delay.
This is easy, since each task has to run its own version of the code.  For
task 3 insert 3 noops, for task 6, 6 noops, etc...

The opcode for noop is 0x00.  I'm not sure if that is defined in the .nqh
file.  If not, it is easy to add (thanks Dave).

So, let's review; 1) Semaphores are possible.  2) It takes me a few tries
to write code that works.

Anyone want to write an example program that uses semaphores?  We could
put a link to that code in the FAQ or give it to Dave Baum to put in with
the other nqc examples.

--
paulh@hamjudo.com  http://www.hamjudo.com
The April 97 WebSight magazine describes me as "(presumably) normal".