 Robotics / 430
Re: RCX Programming Questions and Sensor Ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:21:33 GMT

An example.  Say you want to prevent two tasks from fighting over motor
1.  Just insert an instruction in each task before operating the motor
to check that var 31 contains zero.  If it does, set var 31 to 1 and
control the motor, then set var 31 to 0 again.  If a task sees var 31 is
non-zero then you can program it to wait or abort as you wish.

This assumes that the check and the set are, together, atomic.  Does the
SDK document describe what if/why this might be atomic?  I haven't had a
chance to read it in enough detail to find this answer for myself.

-Kekoa