 Robotics / 4411
    Pneumatic Hand-Pump —Kipling Morris
   Greetings all, Has anyone found any interesting applications for the Pneumatic Hand-Pump? I found myself puzzling over my rapidly growing collection of them. It does not seem to be well suited for a compressor due to it's size and the spring. I have (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Pneumatic Hand-Pump —Ralph Hempel
     (...) Ah yes, the brick separator of Technic - what to do with those hand pumps... I've tried to take them apart, not too hard to do with jewellers screwsdrivers to pry the tabs apart - carefully. Removing the spring wont get you much benefit (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Pneumatic Hand-Pump —Mario Ferrari
      (...) Well, I've actually built a compressor with one hand pump (with the spring removed). It was working, but I had to gear down the motor very much and the resulting compressor was very slow. You can see it employed in one of my robotic creatures (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Pneumatic Hand-Pump —Fred Carcanague III
     Give me a reasonable price and I may buy a few of them w/o Ebay. I only have the one that came with the search sub, so the more pneumatics the better. LegoCork -- Everything else is just a toy... (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Pneumatic Hand-Pump —Hao-yang Wang
   I seems to recall that the Recycler pictured in the Mindstorms box uses such a large hand-pump as its compresser pump, even with the spring still attached. (The picture from the Mindstorms web site is taken from another angle, hence the compresser (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)