 Robotics / 4410
Re: NQC tutorial available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:12:18 GMT

I have gone through most of the tutorial that posted by Mark Overmars which is
extremely helpful. What a good job. Thanks Mark.

There is one doubt and two question that I would like to get Mark or other
people's attention.
When I run the example program on section IV(Control Structures for the if
statement) of the tutorial, the Compiler detect an error on line 10, where the
Random function located.
I notice that the problem is cause by the Random function because I have read
in the earlier tutorial saying that we have to assign the Random number to a
variable. After I assign the Random number to a variable the program work just
as expected.
Mark or anybody, please correct me if I am wrong.

The following is my questions:
I know that we can upload data from the RCX by using NQC program which using
the command SetDatalog(), Datalog() and Upload from the RCX Command Center.
In my program I set the size of the datalog to be 1. Then I assign a variable
VALUE to the a light sensor value and store the content of VALUE in the
datalog. I can see the content of the VALUE from the Watching the RCX menu in
RCX command center. However, when I press Upload Datalog from RCX command
center there is nothing being load.
Is anybody know what am I done wrong?

Is there anywhere that I can save the Uploaded values into a files?

Thanks again for Mark and your attention to my doubt and questions.

Boon Poh Tan

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Overmars writes:
In my opinion NQC is the easiest way to program the Lego Robots.
But people that never programmed before seem to think it is
difficult (maybe because it sounds like C). So I decided to
write an extensive tutorial on how to use NQC. The tutorial does
not assume any prior knowledge on programming. It contains about 40
example programs. You can find the tutorial at my Lego page:

http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/lego/

I hope it is useful.

Mark Overmars
http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/markov/lego/