 Robotics / 4409
4408  |  4410
Subject:
Lego Motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:16:36 GMT

Does anyone know what RPM then standard Mindstorm motor does
at full power. I've have just purchased a ZNAP kit with motor, because
here in the UK at Argos they have one UK pound off Hover - Plane
(sorry can't remember the kit number). In this kit I can get one motor, one
short wire, one black 9V battery box, 4 gears (of different sizes) and
some other standard connectors all for 13 UK pounds. This is much
cheaper than the cost of one motor from the Lego website shop not
include VAT and p&p.

The part number on the ZNAP motor is the same as the Mindstorm
motors, except that it has '- 002' after it. Are these the same part?
It does seem to run a little slower than my Mindstorm motors, but I
think this is just due to not being run in yet.

I'm just getting back into Lego (age 24) after buy the Mindstorm kit.
Any info is gratefully received. Thanks,

Antony.