 Robotics / 4313
Re: Mindstorms: Use of Far Mode on IR Transmitter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:19:06 GMT

Far mode allows you to download or control RCX via suplemental software
(NCQ). The IR range can be boosted a bit by reflecting off a white surface
(ceilings or walls), I think Radio Shack has a remote control range booster.
This should be able to boost the range of the IR tower, altho I think it's
still line of sight from tower to the RCX w/the IR booster.

--
Everything else is just a toy... http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/mine/5821