 Robotics / 4299
Mindstorms: Use of Far Mode on IR Transmitter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 17:19:57 GMT

I have seen in options a reference to setting the IR Mode to "Far". I have
also seen references to this in this list. How do you control in the
standard software, how do you control this programmatically, and what will
this allow you to do? For example, does far mode allow you to "drive" the
RCX from a program running on the PC from a distance?

Are there any products available to extend the range of the IR transmitter?
What is the range and limitations?

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Ljungstrand <peter@informatik.gu.se>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Friday, March 19, 1999 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: Interesting Item at legoworldshop

It also says that CyberMaster will be available in the US (at least for
online orders) by April 1.

http://www.legoworldshop.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=151&
prrfnbr=151&cntry=US

At +0000 99-03-19 09:53, you wrote:
9738 LEGO MINDSTORMS Remote Control
With the Remote Control for your RCX™, you can select programs and control
your RCX™s output ports.
Note: This product requires the Robotics Invention System™
Ages: 12+     Price: $ 19.99

Check out www.legoworldshop.com

Don't know why, but an official Lego Remote cracks me up.

Rich
http://rich.cmcsmart.com

Peter Ljungstrand; PLAY Research Group, Viktoria Institute

http://www.viktoria.informatics.gu.se
Email: peter@informatics.gu.se
Phone: +46-(0)31-7735543        Mobile: +46-(0)708-302251
Fax: +46-(0)31-7735530        ICQ: 6820636
Visitors: Viktoriagatan 13, 7th floor
Snail-mail: Box 620, 40530 Göteborg, Sweden