 Robotics / 4176
  Cybermaster memory limit?

Hi all, Having just purchased a cybermaster, I was reading around the net a bit about it. One thing that struck me was the apparently quite limited amount of memory available for user programs on the cybermaster. Something on the order of 412 bytes. (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cybermaster memory limit?

(...) Indeed, yes. I've used Dave Baum's NQC to program the Cybermaster unit, and I quickly run into this limit. (...) I assume this is how the Cybermaster runs in some of the "areas" on the bundled software. There is one area where you can program (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cybermaster memory limit?

(...) Yes, I have done things like that when hacking the CM protocol. It shouldn't be too hard to write a program that accepts data from the CM in Linux, e.g using Perl or C. I haven't got the time needed to do this at the moment, but if anyone is (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cybermaster memory limit?

(...) I always managed to run into it in my first projects. :-( Since I decided to transfer the real "intelligence" of the bot to the PC, leaving only basic intelligence in the mobile unit, the problems finished... but not only after some struggle. (...) (26 years ago, 9-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)