 Robotics / 4088
4087  |  4089
Subject:
Several RCX/Mac Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 06:34:35 GMT

Hi All,

I just signed onto this list.  I got a mindstorms kit yesterday, but
have not had the chance to try using it because I don't have a wintel
box.  Actually, I bought the box for the raw materials used for a
physics project that my team is presenting to the Smithsonian Museum
next week.  As compensation, I get to keep the unused legos (cool).
For a person with some knowledge in c++, applescript, hypercard,logo,
and basic, what compiler would you recommend for a Mac user?  Where can
I find this compiler?
Has anybody been able to try using the Apple IRTalk port commonly found
on Powerbooks to talk to the RCX?
What kind of power supply should I use to power up my RCX--one sold by
Lego, or one from Radio Shack?  What voltage should I use?
Thanks for your replies!

--
Cheers,
Henry C.