 Robotics / 4089
RE: Several RCX/Mac Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:53:59 GMT

# From: hchea@ramapo.edu
# Sent: mercredi 3 mars 1999 07:41
# To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
# Subject: Several RCX/Mac Q's
# --------------
# Hi All,
# I just signed onto this list.  I got a mindstorms kit yesterday, but
# have not had the chance to try using it because I don't have a wintel
# box.  Actually, I bought the box for the raw materials used for a
# physics project that my team is presenting to the Smithsonian Museum
# next week.  As compensation, I get to keep the unused legos (cool).
# For a person with some knowledge in c++, applescript, hypercard,logo,
# and basic, what compiler would you recommend for a Mac user?
# Where can
# I find this compiler?
# Has anybody been able to try using the Apple IRTalk port
# commonly found
# on Powerbooks to talk to the RCX?
# What kind of power supply should I use to power up my RCX--one sold by
# Lego, or one from Radio Shack?  What voltage should I use?
# Thanks for your replies!

I'd recommendd that you visit http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/nqc/ and
download NQC ("Not Quite C"), as the name suggests it's similar to
C, but not quite - I doubt that you will have any problems with it.
The documentation there suggests using either the modem or printer port - it
says nothing about IRTalk though.
I'm using a bog standard power adapter at about 12v or 9v for powering
my RCX, it hasn't blown up on me yet!

Ken Guest
Credo Group Limited
Tel: +353-1-6310200 (New Number)
Fax: +353-1-6310300 (New Number)
Internet Address: kengu@credo.ie
Home Page: http://www.credo.ie

"THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS E-MAIL
MESSAGE ARE THE SENDER'S OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REPRESENT THE VIEWS AND THE OPINIONS OF CREDO GROUP
LIMITED OR ITS PARENT COMPANY"