 Robotics / 4087
4086  |  4088
Subject:
IR proximity detection with RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 06:10:03 GMT

Hi all,

  I announced a bit ago that I built an interface between my IRPD board
and the RCX.  I have now gotten one built and a program to run the usual
tractor-style robot in object avoidance mode using an IR proximity detector.
It uses input port 2 to power the board and get the signals which leaves
the other two input ports free to use for other things (uhm, like a bumper
switch...)  I plan on adding a light detector and a bumper switch to mine,
although I may just run a bumper switch in parallel to the IRPD as a '0'
on the IRPD means both sides detect and the action would be the same as
hitting something...  Damn I love these things, lots of clever stuff to
do with them!  Anyway, I have circuit diagrams on my web site and a
program that runs using the IRPD setup.
http://www.verinet.com/~dlc/botlinks.htm (bonk on the RCX IRPD project)

have fun,
DLC