 Robotics / 3705
  Re: rotation sensors and input limitations

(...) You've come up with an admirable solution to the problem! Here's another idea, one that works on a general class of problems and doesn't require any sensor input for controlling motor positioning: The general problem class is one where you're (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rotation sensors and input limitations

(...) Another possible error is slippage of the belt (aside from when you want it to slip at end-of-travel). I haven't played with belts & pulleys much because when I did at first I found slippage to be a problem. Am I missing something or are you (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: rotation sensors and input limitations

(...) Well, it does have the limitation that you can't have a lot of torque on the "switcher" shaft, but for some applications that may not be a big problem. It all depends: 1. how much torque do you need to rotate the switcher shaft, and 2. how (...) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)