 Robotics / 3683
Re: Alternate Programming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:58:18 GMT

At 19:34 09-02-1999 Tuesday , you wrote:
I just purchased my first Mindstorms kit. After looking over the lugnet
messages it seems there are a lot of ways to program the RCX aside from what
Lego provides. Since I have never programmed anything before, which of the
available programs would be the best to start with? I noticed Lego has some
info on using Visual Basic and Spirit.ocx. Does anyone think that is the way
to go? Thanks.

If you never programmed anything before, and if you don't really know what programming means, I think you should start with the bundled RIS software.
When you start to feel limitations, then move to RCXcc & NQC.
Visual Basic and the Spirit.OCX might be a bit too much for you if you are just now starting to program.

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]