 Robotics / 3594
Re: Alternate Programming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 19:00:26 GMT

Nick,

The Lego-Robotics Wiki-web lists a number of alternative programming systems
for the RCX at:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/NewProgrammingSystems.htm

There is also a comparative review of some of the systems published at:

http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/SurveyOfRCXEditors.htm

I don't think you need to go to Visual Basic just yet. There are a number of
better and cheaper alternatives to choose from.

Regards,

Andy Bower
---
Visit the Lego-Robotics Wiki Web
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/FrontPage.htm
---
Program Mindstorms with objects
http://www.object-arts.com/Bower/Bot-Kit
---

Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in message
I just purchased my first Mindstorms kit. After looking over the lugnet
messages it seems there are a lot of ways to program the RCX aside from • what
Lego provides. Since I have never programmed anything before, which of the
available programs would be the best to start with? I noticed Lego has some
info on using Visual Basic and Spirit.ocx. Does anyone think that is the • way
to go? Thanks.

-Nick