 Robotics / 3586
Re: Star Wars Mindstorms = True
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:21:19 GMT

Yes, we run that risk every time we write a book. This
particular article didn't bother me too much, however,
as it doesn't seem to reveal any significantly new
technology: the R2D2 kit is probably the smaller
RIS kit that was rumored earlier on this list, and the
remote control is really nothing new either. The
camera, though, I'll have to check out. Still, it
doesn't really change the basic RCX platform, which
means I still have something stable to write about.

The text says:
"LEGO Systems Inc. showed off updated versions of its MindStorms robot systems with enhanced processors."

Seems to me that:
    Enhanced processors = new hardware with new firmware.

PS: I hope you let us know what LEGO is up to after that meeting ;-)

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]