 Robotics / 3579
Re: Star Wars Mindstorms = True
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:10:58 GMT

At 03:16 09-02-1999 Tuesday , you wrote:
So according to ZDnet at least (story at
<http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2205124,00.html>), Lego
really will be making a Droid Developer Kit, so we can build a working R2D2.
Also, they confirm the digital camera theory, although as I suspected it's
going to be substantially more than $50.

That article makes us believe that at least concerning LEGO, the MindStorms and CyberMaster sets were only the beginning of something much much bigger.
I guess this list will never run out of topic, nor all those hackers out there out of hardware to hack.
LegOS, NQC (and all the others): Are you ready for starting all over again in a new hardware/firmware platform? :-)
I'm already imagining in a few years from now, pointing to my CyberMaster and say: "I started in one of those" :-)

Jonathan, if you don't release that MindStorms book fast, I believe that when you release it, it will be already outdated by the new LEGO PBricks.

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]