 Robotics / 3585
Re: Star Wars Mindstorms = True
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 14:06:26 GMT

At 11:10 AM 2/9/99 +0000, Laurentino Martins wrote:
[...]
Jonathan, if you don't release that MindStorms
book fast, I believe that when you release it, it
will be already outdated by the new LEGO PBricks.

Yes, we run that risk every time we write a book. This
particular article didn't bother me too much, however,
as it doesn't seem to reveal any significantly new
technology: the R2D2 kit is probably the smaller
RIS kit that was rumored earlier on this list, and the
remote control is really nothing new either. The
camera, though, I'll have to check out. Still, it
doesn't really change the basic RCX platform, which
means I still have something stable to write about.

I'm trying to cover my butt by finding out from
Lego what they have planned for the future of
Mindstorms. As a matter of fact, I have a meeting
in New York today for that very purpose.

Jonathan