 Robotics / 3579
  Re: Star Wars Mindstorms = True

(...) That article makes us believe that at least concerning LEGO, the MindStorms and CyberMaster sets were only the beginning of something much much bigger. I guess this list will never run out of topic, nor all those hackers out there out of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Star Wars Mindstorms = True

(...) The text says: "LEGO Systems Inc. showed off updated versions of its MindStorms robot systems with enhanced processors." Seems to me that: Enhanced processors = new hardware with new firmware. PS: I hope you let us know what LEGO is up to (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Star Wars Mindstorms = True

(...) This was always a known risk. If LEGO forces us to reverse engineer another product, I think instead the "classic RCX" will become a hot item. Hopefully LEGO will get a clue and release low-level interface documentation next time around. (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Star Wars Mindstorms = True

(...) (agreeing) I'd tend to think that any new environment would simply mean one more new environment -- and not the death of the old environment. AFAIK, for example, there are still groups of people today who write Apple ][ software and HP-11C (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)