 Robotics / 3391
  Obtaining parts in UK

Does anyone know where to purchase the Lego service packs in the UK? Preferably by mail order or at least close to Sheffield. Failing that a mail order address in the States that takes Visa would be okay. Thanks in advance Dave. -- Did you check the (...) (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Obtaining parts in UK

Dave, Yes, you can send for a catalogue from LEGO... I just got one through on Saturaday. The address is: LEGO Service Department, LEGO UK Ltd, Wrexham. LL13 7TQ It also mentions that you can get their full LEGO brochure from: LEGO UK Ltd, Rutkin (...) (26 years ago, 2-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Obtaining parts in UK

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999 09:39:09 GMT, David Fenton uttered the following profundities... (...) I was just given this number for Commotion Ltd., a DACTA supplier. They accept Visa. 01732-773399 (26 years ago, 3-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Reading material

I've just found a reference in an old robot book to: "Mindstorms", by Seymour Papert ("father" of the RCX) Will have a look at it (two editions: 1980 and 1993) - it's in the university library here - and post another message if it looks good. (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Reading material

I have a copy of the 1980 edition I picked up in a second hand bookshop. It's a good read, but primarily focuses on the application of the principles of problem solving to get kids (and adults) to learn abstract concepts. Primary problem solving (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Reading material

(...) I thought that Fred Martin was considered the father of the RCX. At least, that's what I've heard. (qv (URL) Mark (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Reading material

(...) programmable brick page ((URL) as a member of the primary design team. Luis ###...### "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler ###...### -- Did you check the web site first?: (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)