 Robotics / 3508
Re: Reading material
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 02:16:19 GMT

I have a copy of the 1980 edition I picked up in a second hand
bookshop.  It's a good read, but primarily focuses on the application of
the principles of problem solving to get kids (and adults) to learn
abstract concepts.  Primary problem solving mechanism is through LOGO
and TURTLE programs.

Matt

R. Matthew Sailors
matts@medinfoconsulting.com
medinfo@aros.net

"S. Crawshaw" wrote:

I've just found a reference in an old robot book to: "Mindstorms", by
Seymour Papert ("father" of the RCX)

Will have a look at it (two editions: 1980 and 1993) - it's in the
university library here - and post another message if it looks good.

Incidentally, the book where I found the reference was "The Robot Book",
but I'm afraid I've forgotten the authors name. It is a 1985-ish book
about making robots, with some useful lego creations and ideas.

Stuart