 Robotics / 3394
Re: Obtaining parts in UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:20:04 GMT

Dave,

Yes, you can send for a catalogue from LEGO...

I just got one through on Saturaday.

The address is:

LEGO Service Department,
LEGO UK Ltd,
Wrexham.
LL13 7TQ

It also mentions that you can get their full LEGO brochure from:

LEGO UK Ltd,
Rutkin Road,
Wrexham.
LL13 7TQ

Phone: 0345 080070

Maybe you can use the phone number to order the service
catalogue too.

There's no charge for the catalogue.

Prices? Well I think it maybe cheaper to carefully pick sets that
have a lot of the parts you need. For example, a 9 volt motor is
£15.60 (I saw a LEGO ZNAP set with the same motor in Tesco for
£15ish), 2 2*2 wired plates (25.6 cm) is £3.90. 1 pneumatic
cylinder (48mm) is £2.65. Most packs seem to be around the £3-
£4 mark, with some things like a pair of large wheels at £5.

I'm a bit disappointed that the selection is so limited, it seems
more a service for replacements than anything. I was after the older
clip together tracks (like chain links) for their lower friction on
carpet (easier turning).

I was thinking of getting it scanned and put up on my web page -
maybe tomorrow I'll have it done...

They also sent me a LEGO 99 set catalogue, no mention of
MindStorms, but a bit on CyberMaster, the new StarWars LEGO
and Slizer and some other new Technics sets.

I went off-topic a bit there, but as least you have the info you need.