 Robotics / 3207
    Re: Thoughts on Turning —B van Dam
   If your looking for examples and sources I think pretty much every one on this list has something on his website. CU Bert Visit my site on Lego, Robot's and Visual Basic at (URL) bericht----- Van: The Clark Family <clark@bess.net> Aan: alex wetmore (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Thoughts on Turning —Reno Pittner
   Hi All, I'm fairly new to this list and take comfort in knowing I am not alone as the mechanically impaired. I have been involve in robotics for quite a few years, have a little electronic knowledge, and program for a living. Despite a ripe old age (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Thoughts on Turning —Medical Informatics Consulting
     The problem is that the most common configuration used in Lego designs is to have one motor turning one direction and the other turning in the opposite direction (so, the motor controlling the right track is rotating clockwise and the left track (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Thoughts on Turning —Alex Wetmore
   (...) You don't even ned two caster wheels, just one works fine. This is what I've been doing on my robots. You just need to make sure that your main wheels aren't at the center of gravity (or close enough to it for the robot to flip over). (...) It (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Thoughts on Turning —Reno Pittner
   Thanks to all who replied. I am now clear to benefits of the adder/subtractor and will incorporate it into my bot. Cheers, Reno (...) -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Thoughts on Turning —Bill Clagett
   It is a very nice mechanism. But, at least in my implementation, only one motor is pushing your vehicle. Some of my larger bots have needed more power than one seems to crank out. After gearing down further it is painfully slow. I'm currently trying (...) (26 years ago, 26-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        can nqc control index of values? —GK Khalsa
   I have been using the Smalltalk Bot-kit for programming, and I think it's great. But as the code grew, I ran into a Spirit exception, that locks up the port. Anyway, I'll move the code to nqc, but I was taking advantage of a feature I don't see in (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: can nqc control index of values? —Dave Baum
   You can't explicitly assign variables to slots, but the allocation is simple enough - they get allocated in the same order they are declared, starting with 0. I can't promise that the allocation order will never change, but on the other hand I can't (...) (26 years ago, 28-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)