 Robotics / 313
Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 02:07:30 GMT

In a message dated 11/6/98 4:57:58 PM Central Standard Time, brian@projo.com
writes:

<< I think the whole construction and programming process she went through
working on her car was a really good introduction to what programming and
problem solving in general is all about - your first attempt will almost
always have some sort of bug - but you then examine what went wrong and figure
out how to correct it.  >>

That is exactly what I was hoping my students would learn -- and they did.
I'm glad to know there are others using the MindStorms successfully with
children.

<< Also, just the fact that she's eager to work on the project more is a good
sign.
:-) >>

I was amazed at how much my kids enjoyed building and how long they would work
"debugging" their inventions.

Thanks for the input.

Tonya