 Robotics / 312
Re: Using NQCC, Linux and 8482 CyberMaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 23:38:56 GMT

I believe the tachometers just use different source numbers (similar to
how Timers and random numbers work).  You should be able to define the
appropriate macros similar to how Timer() is implemented in rcx.nqh.  I
believe there are also a few commands that are CM only (such as
ClearTacho).  These can be implemented with asm statements.

If someone puts together all of the necessary additions, I can add them to
the rcx.nqh file.

I've also added low-level support for nqcc to talk to CyberMaster, but
have been unable to test it.  Any volunteers?

Dave

In article <m3ogqlaq7z.fsf@sade.uio.no>, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

I've finally gotten around to testing the CM unit with NQC and Linux.
Dave Baum's NQC is at

   http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/nqc/index.html

While you'll need Peter Ljungstrand's downloader for NQC to use the CM
unit

   http://www.viktoria.informatics.gu.se/~peter/lego/

Downloading the compiled files gives me the error messages

   [fredrigl@biopc45 nqc]$ ./nqcdl test2.rcx
   Send Unlock Firmware message to CyberMaster
   /home/fredrigl/nqc/send: Bad response.
   Delete all Tasks: 40
   /home/fredrigl/nqc/send: Bad response.
   No of fragments: 1
   Start Task/Sub Download: 25 00 00 00 28 00
   /home/fredrigl/nqc/send: Bad response.
   Transfering data block 1...
   /home/fredrigl/nqc/send: Bad response.
   Transfering data block 0...
   /home/fredrigl/nqc/send: Bad response.
   Done!

But I'm still very happy to see that the programs do indeed function
properly!

Now, I would like to know if anybody knows how to access the functions
in CM that are (AFAIK) not in MS: The tachometers associated with the
internal motors and recognizing the different kind of sensors.  Can this
be done with NQC?

Fredrik

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com