 Robotics / 2982
Re: Synchro drive in Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:38:48 GMT

Previously, you (Paul Speed) wrote:
S. Crawshaw wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Paul Speed wrote:

one of those fancy turntable thingies.  What I ended up with was
something like this:

      My original thinking was to try and figure out a way to
get the whole assembly to want to drive rather than turn without
any linking to the plate. (Unfortunately, even with enough

could you not (I haven't tried this!) use a ratchet on the assembly so
that axle rotation one way turns the assembly, and the other way drives
the wheel?

Yeah, but I can't think of a good way to ratchet the
assembly.

I've not tried this yet but... in the new geared motor sets there is
a clutch plate with a Newton marking on the side. Also there is a
ratchet design in the Cyber Wars kits. They use a shaft extender that
rides on a gear to provide the ratchet effect. This coupled with two
of the clutches (which are gears) should do the trick. The problem is
there is only one clutch with each motor :-(

-Paul (pspeed@augustschell.com)

Stuart