 Robotics / 2983
Re: Homebrew Rotation Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:43:59 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson) writes:
Yes, I suspect you could make it work just like a lego rotation sensor with a
couple of resistors.

I thought so too, but you can't get the exact voltages you need this way.  I
tried to use a similar circuit to the input expanders that have been published,
but no luck.  It sorta works but it misses counts too often.  A powered version
with an opamp would do the trick.  As far as I can tell the RCX really needs
something close to the 1.8, 2.6, 3.8, and 5.1V the real rotation sensor
outputs.  This is close to binary weighted gray code, but not quite.