 Robotics / 2820
RE: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:09:33 GMT

If you don't define the rules more explicitly, you'll get
some smart-aleck
like myself that will make a robot that 'elevates' itself or
walks on stilts
to circumvent the maze.

Unless 'ingenuity' is being rewarded, you could end up with
lots of loophole
abuse.

:) How about a tracked robot where the tracks are long enough that the robot
can just perch across the tops of the walls and roll it's way out to the
edge.

Or we could resurrect that frog,  I launches itself off at an angle and
lands outside the maze.

Or a Bot with a buzz saw,  BRRRRRRRRR "What walls"  Real mice do this!(1)

Cheers
Tim

(1) Admittedly not with actual buzz saws!