 Robotics / 2818
Fw: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:17:55 GMT

Mark Tarrabain wrote:
1. IEEE Micro-mouse equivalent
- by placing the bot at the center of a maze, bot that is able to
navigate out the maze in the shortest time will be the winner.

If you don't define the rules more explicitly, you'll get some smart-aleck
like myself that will make a robot that 'elevates' itself or walks on stilts
to circumvent the maze.

Unless 'ingenuity' is being rewarded, you could end up with lots of loophole
abuse.

trowt