 Robotics / 2818
  Fw: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars

(...) If you don't define the rules more explicitly, you'll get some smart-aleck like myself that will make a robot that 'elevates' itself or walks on stilts to circumvent the maze. Unless 'ingenuity' is being rewarded, you could end up with lots of (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars

(...) :) How about a tracked robot where the tracks are long enough that the robot can just perch across the tops of the walls and roll it's way out to the edge. Or we could resurrect that frog, I launches itself off at an angle and lands outside (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars

(...) Haven't seen _Mouse Hunt_ yet, have you? (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars

(...) No I Haven't Although I think I get the jist of it :) I did say REAL mice. In the interests of general information (and just a bit of silliness) are there any other mousely tactics in that movie that could be made intro interesting Mindstorms (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars

(...) Unless there was a roof on the maze. Ooh! Ooh! Evil idea! Make the maze VERTICAL! And have a 3-D maze for more advanced programmers... Daniel "Dan'l" Miller Senior, School of Aeronautics and danielmi@ecn.purdue.edu Astronautics, Purdue, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Fw: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars

In article <Pine.SOL.4.05.99011....purdue.ed u>, Daniel Miller <danielmi@ecn.purdue.edu> writes (...) I saw a 2-D and 3-D maze competition advertised recently but it wasn't what I thought it was. By 2-D they mean following lines on the floor, and by (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)