 Robotics / 2772
2771  |  2773
Subject:
Do it yourself light sensors. How does RCX drive them?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:39:04 GMT

Michael Gasperi wrote:

Malcolm S Powell wrote:

I'm sorry if you have not been able to make my sensor work. However, the
ones I have built work just fine and I have had dozens of messages from
others who have built them successfully from my design. Guess you had
better check your wiring:-)

I agree, but I wonder if your schematic might be a little confusing.  You have
dots at places where they are not needed, and a few places where dots should be.
I've had several people contact me because they didn't understand the dot method
on circuit diagrams.

I always thought you should put the dots where you want the really big
blobs of excess solder on the actual construction:-)

...but seriously, when I was a kid (chronologically speaking) schematics
had no dots and little bridges where crossing lines did not imply a
connection. Since then things have changed round (I think the difficulty
of drawing little bridges on early computer graphics systems might have
had something to do with it!). I admit that my current approach to where
to put the dots is a bit random!

Sorry if you have been sorting out the problem I created:-)

If you would like to redraw my schematic, I'll be pleased to update my
page when I get the chance (The boss has this strange idea about my
using this computer for something he calls "chargeable work").

Malcolm Powell