 Robotics / 27585
Re: need to make a 15 degree angle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2008 03:42:19 GMT

In lugnet.parts, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.parts, Sam Pagel wrote:

anyone know of a part or combination of parts that would
make a 15 degree angle... i have lots of room to work
with, just have no idea how to achieve the angle.

Well... as a Technic type, I'd do that with triangles. A long Technic beam as
the base, and another almost-as-long for the slope, with a small beam for the
"back" or "support" - since you can join these by pins, the geometry is rather
variable. How close you need to get to 15°, and how much space you need,
constrain the problem quite a lot - but an adjustable framework of beam-and-pin
pieces should give you just about any angle you need.

It doesn't need to be exact, just repeatable.  I need to make an armature of 4
or 5 successive 15degree "turns" to support some panels that are making sort of
a jointed arc.  I'll give the technic pieces a try.  Almost jumped for joy at
Nick Kappatos's suggestion of technic angle connector #3, but it is, alas, 30
degrees.