 Robotics / 27450
Re: Can one use LEGO Mindstorms on GNU/Linux operating systems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2008 20:24:21 GMT

Hi Paul,

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 05:09:24PM +0200, Paul Csanyi wrote:
Hello!

I have LEGO Mindstorms NXT.

Because I use mainly Debian GNU/Linux Etch as OS I'm wonder whether
can I use LEGO Mindstorms NXT on this OS?

Any advices will be appreciated!

It depends on the language/environment you want to use. The NXT-G
software that comes with it, only runs on Windows and OSX. But there
are alternatives like nxc/nbc (http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/nbc/)
that is a C like language and it runs on Linux and FreeBSD (which is
what I use).

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@meraka.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org