 Robotics / 27451
27450  |  27452
Subject:
Brickworld MINDSTORMS Competition event-- Triathlon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2008 02:05:23 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After much delay (sorry) we've finalized the rules for the robot Triathlon event
being held at Brickworld.  The rules are quite long since it is essentially 3
contests in one, so I'm only going to highlight a few things here and ask you to
download the word document in my brickshelf folder for more details.  Eventually
this will also be posted on the brickworld site, www.brickworld.us

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JBrost/Brickworld/triathalon.doc

Basically we've got three events in one.  The first event is sumo.  Nothing
really new about this, try to push your opponent out of the ring.  The second
event is Indy 5.00.  2007 Brickworld attendees may remember this one.  Two
robots at a time race around an oval gradient track.  The first to complete 5
laps wins.  We'll either do a double or single elimination bracket to determine
the winner for this event.  The third event is an agility course.  The course
will consist of several gray 48 x 48 stud baseplates with a line of black 2 x 2
tiles down the middle serving as a line to follow.  There will be obstacles
consisting of bricks, plates, and slopes on the baseplates.  These obstacles
will get more frequent and difficult the further along the course the robot
goes.  Here are a couple pictures of a sample section of the agility course.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JBrost/Brickworld/agility1.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JBrost/Brickworld/agility2.jpg

Some general rules:
Maximum size for ALL events is 8" x 8".  Maximum weight is 1Kg (2.2 lbs).  Parts
MAY NOT be added or removed between events.  However, you will be allowed to
"transform" your robot between events.  This means you will be able to flip,
fold, or rotate pieces & assemblies into new locations between events.  You MAY
NOT remove a piece and replace it in a new location.

Again, these are only very basic general rules.  Please refer to the word
document for the entire rule set.

Good Luck

John