 Robotics / 27289
    Need help combining steering with odometry in NXC —Joe Strout
   I'm working on an NXT bot to do the Trinity College Fire Fighting Robot Contest ((URL) at least well enough to get through this Saturday's demo at the local science museum. At the moment, I'm just trying to get the robot to follow the wall (which is (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Need help combining steering with odometry in NXC —Joe Strout
     (...) Update: upon a couple more hours' testing, I found that the above command actually prevents the bot from turning at all. It will only turn if I pass at least RESET_BLOCK_COUNT for the last parameter (of course other combinations that include (...) (17 years ago, 4-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Need help combining steering with odometry in NXC —John Hansen
     (...) Here is a line follower from my book, NXT Power Programming: #define SLOW_SPEED 25 #define FAST_SPEED 75 #define EYE_PORT S1 #define EYE_VALUE SENSOR_1 int BlackThreshold; int WhiteThreshold; inline int min(int v1, int v2) { return (v1 < v2) ? (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Need help combining steering with odometry in NXC —John Hansen
   (...) If you are really following a line then you should use a traditional line following algorithm rather than try to use motor synchronization and turn ratios. There isn't any reason to synchronize the motors since following a line usually (...) (17 years ago, 5-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics)