 Robotics / 27290
Re: Need help combining steering with odometry in NXC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 05:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Joe Strout wrote:

This is true even when I instead use

  OnFwdSyncEx( OUT_AC, 75, turnRatio, RESET_NONE );

which I thought explicitly told it not to reset the tacho counts.

Update: upon a couple more hours' testing, I found that the above command
actually prevents the bot from turning at all.  It will only turn if I pass at
least RESET_BLOCK_COUNT for the last parameter (of course other combinations
that include resetting the block count, e.g. RESET_ALL, also work).

Whew, that was a couple of hours wasted!  Lesson learned, but I still don't seem
to be getting good tacho counts, and I'm still curious whether there is a
standard NXC loop for following a line while measuring distance travelled.

Thanks,
- Joe