 Robotics / 27115
Re: circular pointer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2007 23:29:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm reading "Building Robots with Lego Mindstorms" and in Chapter 12,
there is some code to create a circular pointer for an array, with the
aim of smoothing averages.

Another way to accomplish the same result with less code and less memory is to
use exponential smoothing. (see Wikipedia) The method uses coefficients between
0 and 1, but if  you want to use integers you can always use the integer
numerator and denominator of the fraction.

Roger Glassey